All ages experience what it’s like to live and work in the frozen south, learn about polar science, and the continuing evolution of the wind and solar-powered centre for international polar scientific research.
“In 2007, an incredible 35,000 people came to Tour & Taxis to see Princess Elisabeth Antarctica for themselves before it was shipped south to Antarctica”, said International Polar Foundation Executive Director Thierry Touchais. “Now it’s our pleasure to welcome the public to once again share in the success story that is Princess Elisabeth Antarctica”.
Hands on Experience
Inside the Station features amazing reconstructions that give you the opportunity to experience first hand:
- The technologies used at Princess Elisabeth Antarctica– the electrical smart grid, the renewable energy systems, and more
- The incredible Antarctic environment - including glaciers, rugged mountains, blue ice fields and exotic wildlife
- Logistics – the arduous yet exciting journey to the Antarctic – using satellites, aircraft, ships, and tractors
- The Science – the scientific programmes at Princess Elisabeth Antarctica, which help us to learn more about our planet, its climate and how it works
- Daily Life – Working, eating, sleeping and managing energy use in the remote and frozen South
Princess Elisabeth Antarctica is an example of how we can deal with climate change – and the actions we can take at a personal and community level to respond to this challenge.
Inside the Station runs from December 2012 to May 2013at Tour & Taxis, Brussels.
We would like to thank the following partners for their support