The Brussels-based management team of the International Polar Foundation coordinates our international projects.
The Communication team takes care of broadcasting our work to the world via websites, social media, and press relations.
The Foundation’s Education team creates resources and teaching material related to the polar regions, polar sciences, and climate change. The culmination of these efforts is the “Class Zero Emission” school workshops which were launched in Brussels and are currently becoming internationalised, starting with the UK. The Education team also participates in several European and International “Education & Outreach” projects
Although we are involved directly in scientific research, our activities involve dealing with a lot of scientific material. Our scientific officers help us make sure we remain scientifically on track in all our projects and publications.
Following the design, transportation, and construction of Princess Elisabeth Antarctica, the International Polar Foundation was appointed Belgian Antarctic Operator: the Foundation is responsible for the logistics and technical management of the zero-emission station. Our in-house engineering team monitors and manages all station systems, while our logistics team ensures everything runs smoothly before, during, and after the tough Antarctic season.
HM King Philippe is the International Polar Foundation's honorary president.
- Alain Hubert: President, International Polar Foundation
- Nighat Amin: Head of Environmental and International Affairs, International Polar Foundation
- Nicolas Van Hoecke: CEO
- Arnaud de Viron: IPF Accountant
- Roger Barry, National Snow and Ice Data Centre (NSIDC), USA
- Paul Crutzen, Max Planck Institute, Mainz, Germany
- Ivan Frolov, Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (AARI), Russia
- Claude Lorius, Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Géophysique de l’Environnement (LGGE), France
- Lawrence Mysak, McGill University, Canada
- Olav Orheim, GRID-Arendal, Norway
- Dahe Qin, China Meteorological Administration (CMA), China
- Chris G. Rapley, University College London (UCL), UK
- Susan Solomon, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Jorn Thiede, St Petersburg State University, Russia
- Svein Tveitdal, Klima 2020, Norway
- Okitsugu Watanabe, National Institute of Polar Research (NIPR), Japan
- Shiraishi Kasuyuki, National Institute of Polar Research (NIPR), Japan
- Alain Hubert: Founder, President, Chairman of the Board
- André Berger: Founder
- Nighat Amin: Director
- Piet Steel: Director
- Marc Speeckaert: Director
- Alain Dewaele: Director
- Olivier Perier: Director
- Eric Goens: Director
- Jacques de Mevius: Director